zaterdag, september 30, 2006

Fixing the Windows Media Player green screen problem

A couple of months ago I decided to take the new Windows Media Player v.11 for a spin. I was curious to see what new features it had. I started liking what I saw, atleast for Microsoft as being a copycat company it was oke.

After a while testing I soon noticed that Microsoft doesn't only copy style and function, but also the bugs. I started getting green screens and crashes while watching Windows Media Videos. It seemed like my old friend came back to bug my PC experience, so I decided to do a little research on the internet to find a cure for this bug. I soon found that it can be fixed by turning on the Overlays.

This can be done the following way:

In Window Media Player you go to >> tools>options>performance tab>advance>check "Use Overlays"

I also found a post by someone telling that he fixed it the other way around:

He did it like this >> tools>options>performance tab>advance>check "Use high Quality Mode"

I hope this will help you people who are also having this problem and gets you back to enjoying your PC.

Geen opmerkingen:

Search

Google